Monday, March 23, 2015

Quick trip to Trenton, Florida for the outdoor show

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow created with Smilebox


Stephanie and I traveled to Trenton, Florida for the annual Suwannee Valley quilt festival and had a wonderful time there. Some of our friends from Peace River guild were there, as well as a contingent from the Villages, including our buddy, Melinda! We thought it may be spoiled by rain, but that cleared away and we had a hot, sunny day.
The quilts didn't seem as plentiful as last time, but they were still interesting to look at. Trenton has turned one of the old storefronts into a quilt museum which is quite lovely. If you are ever up that way, you should go see it. There are some photos of the quilts in the museum on the slideshow.
Before the trip, we attended the Hugs and Kisses group from Misty Mountain guild and got to meet some of the ladies from the guild. I think I am really going to enjoy this group and taking a day out of my work week to sew quilts for kids and nursing home residents. I finished two kid quilts!






Now, I'm back at work doing the stitch in the ditch for my friend Joanne's quilt. I liked the pattern so much, I drew a little sketch of the blocks so I could try it. I love working on quilts that have a great pattern, color combination and precise workmanship. Thanks, Joanne!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.