Monday, April 20, 2015

Rain, rain, go away!

After a full week of gray skies and nothing but rain, the sun peeped out for a moment this morning. There is hope of some drying out today. Mr Wazoo will be thrilled!
                                     

Even Mr Penguin is enjoying catching some rays!
                               

Yesterday, we both spent some quality time in the studio finishing quilts and just having fun. The man got these two quilts finished and ready to go to their maker.

Customer split 4 patch.
                           

Forest Floor pantograph
                                     

Colorful customer quilt
                             
Daisy Swirl pntograph
        I quilted the coffee quilt with a freehand feather flower pattern and got the binding attached.

                                      

                                      

                                       


Then I spent several hours playing with bits and strips of an orphan quilt I bought at the guild yard sale last year. Someone had started the Perkiomen 9 patch project from a class years ago and just gave up after making a few blocks. Some of the block components were stitched, and some were cut out and not sewn, so I sorted them and fooled around with them on the design wall, adding new blocks as I went along. I came up with this little wall hanging. The blue rick rack will be the stems for appliqued flowers and leaves. There will be applique in all the pink borders, but it was time to quit for the day so I left them for another session. For the $2 I spent on the bag of misfit bits, I think it will be kind of cute!
                                      

Before quitting for the day, I put together this manly 2-3-2-6 quilt top
                                   
For now, it is off to the studio for another day of sewing and quilting! I can't wait to begin another enchanted day of quilting!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.