Saturday, April 18, 2015

Weekend funsies

This has been a binding weekend so far. I mean the quilt binding, of course! I finished up three charity quilts yesterday and got the binding done, as well. I also wound up the first Lone Star quilt! The binding is on and it is ready to go to its new home.
Simple charity quilt from a kit
                             

Likewise, this one.
                           

Someone started to quilt this and gave up. I finished the blocks and the borders, and added binding (yet to be hand sewn)
                           

                             

Tim did this one on Friday. It rained in the afternoon, so he was forced to work inside.
                           

                             

Yippee!! It's completely done!
                           

A sweet customer needed a quilt done in a hurry for a child going for surgery in Atlanta, so I quilted and bound it for her yesterday. The pantograph is called Blast Off, and was perfect for the outer space themed quilt. I'm sure the little boy will love it!

                                

                                 

                                 

 Today was a prep day for a tutorial I'm doing at our guild's Sewcial; a meeting where ladies sew and have a demonstration of a project. I will be demonstrating the 2-3-2-6 quilt and how easy it is to do in a day. I cut out three of them today and sewed one to be quilted tomorrow. The other two will be in various stages of construction for demonstration purposes. I have had loads of fun!! That will be in the blog tomorrow, because I am too tired to go downstairs and take more photos. Silly me.

Tim spent the entire day in the yard, digging, planting and mowing. He was like a happy puppy out there in the dirt. The weather cooperated and after our usual Saturday night pizza, he hit the hay.
I love it here!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.