Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer is here!

The real sign that Summer has officially started is when the farmer's market opens!! We went early this morning and bought fresh produce to enjoy over the next week. For supper, we had fresh picked sweet corn, sliced tomato, purple potatoes (I know!! really!) and green beans.  We also brought home cauliflower, zucchini, red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes and swiss chard.
A perfect morning for veggie shopping!
This shopper had a dog like Molly
This kid tried to dodge my camera, but he was too slow!
There was even a lady selling quilts!
Sally was there representing the master gardeners
Back home, I started the day by finishing an unusual quilt for a horse loving granddaughter of my customer. The customer cross stitched the horse in the center.



The next quilt was for a woman who can no longer sew. I hope I  never see that day in my life. I added the binding and will sew it down while watching a chick flick on the tube later.



Sally (from the photo at the farmer's market) did this penny rug all in wools she felted herself! I love the subtle colors and wonderful texture.



Sally also hand appliqued this sweet cardinal wall quilt.


The next quilt is on the frame, and I am expecting a customer in about thirty minutes. I wonder what treasure she has in store for me! Another quilty day in a beautiful place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.