Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I'm not feelin' the love...

Yesterday, I was so excited to get the last rows of blocks done for the commission quilt, but hit a snag. I really didn't like the light fabric in the mix. When this happens on a quilt with a progression of fabrics, its a disaster! I just had to suck it up and try different fabrics in the mix, trying to find the right one for the next round. Needless to say, I added a huge pile of 5 inch squares to my orphan block bin while auditioning them. Nothing is tickling my fancy... Geez...I feel another trip to the fabric shop in desperation. The right fabric is out there somewhere!! The 'night sky' the customer wants will not make the front, but will be on the back . The dark blue just didn't work with what I have so far.
It's time to bite the bullet and get busy, so I'll check in you later with what happened with this dilemma.
The last fabric I tried was this green. The light one from the preceding row just didn't cut it.

I can't take the light fabric out because I used every inch of the dark fabric...

And I really love the chickadee fabric. The hunt is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.