Sunday, July 12, 2015

Two more customer quilts done!

We started the day with quilting! Mr Wazoo quilted a modern, colorful quilt with a pantograph of square swirls, and finished at noon.





While he was doing his thing, I began a sweet quilt with appliqued blocks of adorable girl's dresses. Each one is embellished with trim or embroidery. Peeled back patchwork corners spotlighted each dress. I think the crisp, white on white background fabric was the perfect choice for the quilt. The entire quilt is wonderful!



Mr Wazoo finished and went out to play in the dirt, but my quilt (although much smaller) took most of the day to finish. It is going to be a raffle quilt the customer is donating. I forget what the group is, but they should be pleased. I hope it does well.






Molly was bored silly with the whole day.



Tomorrow, I hope to get a good start on the 9-patches for the commissioned quilt. I am looking forward to seeing it come together. Tonight, I am enjoying a showing of Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance on TV. Years ago in North Carolina, the choir I was in did highlights from the operetta and I played one of the Major General's daughters. It is fun to watch and remember the clever lyrics!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.