Sunday, August 23, 2015

Weekend happiness

It has been a good weekend, with Tim's birthday and some great strides being made on the quilting front.
I completely finished the top of my show quilt, and made the backing. It is now on a hanger, waiting with the other quilts, for its turn on the machine. I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I am happy to be this far along.
Completed top
I gave the mama bird a worm for the kiddies
I have an acorn button for this squirrel to hold
I also have a dragonfly button to tease this lizard with

Tim quilted this Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt for a customer today. He said he hasn't had such a straight and perfect quilt in a long time. He was in awe that the quilt maker could make such a big quilt and have it remain true and straight throughout the quilting process; especially with the hundreds of small pieces. Well done, quilter!!
The perfect quilt
Panto: Small Splat
I bound the Burgoyne surrounded quilt I quilted yesterday and put it through the wash. It still had many dark stains after washing, so I soaked it for a few hours in a tub with Oxy Clean, then washed it again. Much better! Once dried, it really took on the look of an antique quilt. I think it looks perfect.

After supper, I bound a small patriotic charity quilt while watching The Civil War: The Untold Story, narrated by Elizabeth McGovern. It is really good, and tells the stories of Civil War era people while following the progress of the war. I have seen the Ken Burns Civil War series, too. They both tell the same story, but through different perspectives. It's on PBS.

Tomorrow, I will be quilting this table runner before putting on a large customer show quilt. That one should take a couple of days, at least.
Well, back to the Irish chain repair and the Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.