Wednesday, September 16, 2015

2015 AQS Chattanooga Show

We took the day off and traveled to Chattanooga, Tennessee for the AQS show. It was a glorious day for a drive through the mountains, and well worth the journey. The show was smaller than other international shows I have been to, but still very nice. My quilting idol, Margaret Solomon Gunn, won best of show, as well as first for her wall quilt. Her quilting is amazing!
There weren't loads of people there, which surprised me on opening day. We cruised the vendors and only bought things for the business (yawn) with the exception of 10 fat quarters from Primitive Gatherings. I test drove the APQS Millie, and talked seriously to the vendor about it. I am on the fence with my Gammill, but not sure I want to start over paying for a new machine. What a dilemma!
Anyway...here is the  slide show of quilts I especially liked.
Sewing group tomorrow, then back to work on Friday.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow created with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.