Thursday, November 5, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dechen!!

The Mom and Dad, Chikako and Andrew
We are all a flutter here at Wazoo because our son and his wife just had a baby today!! Our new Grandson came into the world at a whopping 8 lbs. 14 oz, 21 inches long. A little cutie with a crop of dark, thick hair and a mellow attitude. Life is really good.
Little Dechen
Meanwhile, I had to keep going on quilts to get them done before the big knee day. The double wedding ring quilt is done. I don't have a photo of the bound quilt, but a pale yellow and white striped fabric added the perfect finishing touch.All the curves were a challenge, but the end result was with it. Here are a few more funky fabric shots from the quilt, too.






Hey! I found the horse's head!

And the bobby soxer's heads, too.

Rickshaw man...

Rickshaw rider!

Mr Wazoo finished the fire pit!! I would say it is an all around good day.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous grandson. What a cutie!! And that wedding ring quilt is beautiful, I love your quilting design!! Thanks for showing us all the fun snippets of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.