Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Charity sew in and another customer finish

Today started out icy cold, and didn't get any better as the day went on. Fortunately, Stephanie and I were either in a warm car or the warm room where we sewed up some charity projects for our Blue Ridge guild.
Stephanie made several cute pillow cases for the homeless shelter, and I put together two quilts for members who have had life altering circumstances and need the hug of a quilt made by their friends. The guild makes signature blocks for these, and they needed to be finished. I will get them quilted and bound soon and return them to the guild.

In the foreground are dog beds made today to be donated to the animal shelter

Stephanie is hard at work making pillow cases.
The first signature quilt top is done and folded on my table.

I got home mid-afternoon and had enough time to trim, quilt and get the binding on a vintage customer quilt. The same Granny who made the Sunbonnet Sue blocks, (that I made into a quilt), also made this Grandmother's flower garden. I forgot to take the 'before' picture, with the bright yellow and orange hexes all around the edge. The customer gave me permission to cut them off. Thank goodness! I gave the corners a curve, and the quilt turned out very nice.

Here is the finished quilt.My assistant missed me today.
She pooped on the floor for Mr Wazoo just after I left for the sew-in.

I used a very simple panto because the quilt was not at all flat.
I chose the same color solid yellow as the flower centers for the binding.

A peek at the back and the binding.
Now, it's time to go to bed because I have to be at PT by 8:30 tomorrow morning!! It seems like it is taking forever for this knee to get back to normal...at least I can sew and quilt! Yippee!

Good night, Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.