Friday, January 15, 2016

My stupid mistake

Yesterday, I worked on the lone star in the morning and now  the quilting in the star is done. The background is next, so I took a break to sew the Sunbonnet Sue quilt.

It is hard to see the quilting, but there is a leaf shape in each diamond.
The Sunbonnet Sue quilt moved right along, and I had it finished in an hour or so. I decided to use the extra blocks for a pieced back. Okay...I admit that I did what so many of my customers do; I made the back too small!!! How did that happen?! I did the math, measured twice, and still managed to make it too small. Back to the drawing board!  Today starts with picking out and sewing in. Oy!

The finished top. I decided it was big enough, so I left off borders.


Adding a 3" strip to each side of the smaller blocks made them fit right in!

I trimmed the big blocks to 11.5 inches.

Here is the back, after I fiddled with the blocks and spacers. I still can't believe it is wrong!
While all this was going on, there were two deer nibbling on Tim's shrubs in the front garden! I went upstairs to get the camera and take pictures from the deck. Molly finally saw them and sent them running with a stream of yips and yaps.



Oh yes, I just have to share how big and happy my grandson is getting. Mommy started back to work, and Daddy begins his paternity leave on Monday. That should be an experience! He will be working from home while he is off for the month.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.