Monday, January 25, 2016

Snowy weekend quilting




We had snow on the mountain over the weekend, and nobody was venturing out. It was a perfect time to clean up the studio and get some quilting done. Molly kept an eye on the birds outside the window, relaxing in her big brown chair.

                                       





The first patch of blue sky came Sunday morning.

I took the confinement in stride, quilting a customer quilt, and assembling a UFO I have had lingering in a bag for almost two years! Mr Wazoo finished up his garage makeover and pitched in, quilting two of my charity quilts for me. I made the binding before quitting for the day and got it sewn on so I could do the hand sewing while enjoying a movie on TV.
Customer quilt, custom quilted
I'm sorry this is sort of blurry...I just wanted to show the quilting
Here is the back


Charity quilt number one
I love this cherry fabric on the back
I made this attic window quilt from a panel
The backing is a really soft shirting fabric.
Panto: Small Splat
My UFO, finally headed to the binding pile.
Panto: Mexican Tiles




Can you guess which chair is mine?! Two finished charity quilts in the foreground waiting to go to guild, three quilts to hand sew binding, one quilt to repair, one appliqué project in progress. The fun never ends here at Wazoo! (Mine is the one with the ottoman and the best light!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.