Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Back in Georgia

Before leaving for Florida, I finished the 12 month quilt. Yippee!

Huge quilt, custom quilted.







My brief trip to Florida was a whirlwind of activity and catching up with friends. The first part of the week was spent in Sebring at the quilting retreat. The conversation was lively and fun, and the shopping was a great bargain. I got loads of inexpensive fabrics for backings and charity quilts.
The big purchase was a new Janome 3160 from the quilt shop down the road from the hotel. I traded in my ailing 6500 Professional, which weighs a ton, for the lightweight travel model. In my excitement to get sewing with the new machine, I sewed through my finger. Oops! A little blood and a bandaid later, all was well and I got on with the sewing. I made two charity quilt tops and a big pile of patchwork posy blocks. Mine are made with Route 66 fabric instead of floral, but they will look good in a quilt for my daughter.


Connie made several bingo bags for the nursing home.

Out to dinner with my peeps.

Carole made this Piece o'Cake top.


My friend, Donna, always has a ready smile.

Polly made this stunning batik scrap quilt


My new Janome!


The girls had a nice party at my hostess' home one night, with pizza, wine and birthday cake!
 At guild on Friday morning, all former Order of the Fat Quarter winners were honored and given a rose. The new recipient, Audrey, got her big bouquet and golden fat quarter to a standing ovation.

Audrey gets her flowers


I showed my GA show quilts for show and tell




I can't let you go without showing you how cute my grandson is...



If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will! See you later.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.