Friday, March 11, 2016

Back home and back at work

I was totally remiss in taking pictures at the retreat, but think there will be some to pirate from other quilters, so don't worry! I sewed my little brain out and made two quilt tops in the UFO room, as well as a sweatshirt jacket in a class. All of it was fun, and I came home so tired I had to take a nap!!

I used my Aussie fabrics in this one. The pattern is Belle Wave.

This pattern is from a book of pre-cuts patterns. It uses a Bali Pop and I added the magenta zinger and the borders.


I made this jacket over a sweatshirt, using random scraps from my stash.

I strayed from the crowd in class and added a yoke on the back, made from the leftover bits from the front. I also cut off the ribbed cuffs and added fabric cuffs. I need to apply some closures to the front and I'll be done!
Mr Wazoo kept the home fires burning and quilted a few nice customer projects.

Panto: Come dance with me


Panto: Ebb and Flow


Panto: Angel wings

By the end of the day, we both had another quilt on the frame and were working until we had to break to get some dinner. We'll be back at it tomorrow. Stay tuned!

My custom project, with dragonfly quilting.


Mr Wazoo working while his stomach grumbles.
The best news is, later this month we are going to Texas to visit my Dad, my sister and my son and his wife and my new grandson!! Finally, we get to goo-goo and make faces at the new baby. I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.