Friday, April 22, 2016

Trunk show, class...trunk show, class

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have been out and about showing off my quilts and teaching a class. The Mountain Laurel Quilters are such a wonderful bunch of ladies...if I didn't have to drive over Blood mountain to get there, I would join the guild! Tuesday was the trunk show/talk, and Wednesday was the Garden Delight class. We had a big group for the show, and a more intimate one for the class. I hope everyone had a good time! I know I did.
A small but happy group sharing pizza! Yum.

Some of the blocks the students made

Bev came late, but caught up quickly.
After the trunk show, some of us went to the local BBQ place and filled up on pulled pork, Fried okra and fried green tomatoes. Life is good! Then my hostess, Lynda, led me to her home in the country. What a gem her property is! Tucked away in the woods and low hills, it has numerous out buildings with useful purposes. My cottage used to be the garage. Her studio is in another little house on the property, and there is an A-frame, moss covered playhouse that used to be a pump house. Her own home is a beautifully renovated, hundred year old house with high ceilings, word flooring and porches on three sides to enjoy the woodsy yard. There are gardens and paths in the woods, too. For me, it was a perfect place to wind down and rest up for class day.

My cozy cottage

The main house, complete with barn quilt!

Buster, the neighbor's dog, came and kept me company on the front porch while I enjoyed nature and read a book. 

The view from my front porch included the tree house for grandkids.

Where I sat and read until dark.
Today, I drove to Blue Ridge and repeated the trunk show for a new audience! Tomorrow, I teach the same class as Wednesday. As Yogi Berra said,"It's like deja vu all over again."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.