Monday, April 18, 2016

Wild week with Carolyn and another wild week coming up

Whew! We had a wonderful visit with our daughter for a few days, and managed to do more traveling than we do in a month! We took her to Brasstown Bald, the tallest mountain in Georgia, a shopping and sight seeing day in Blue Ridge and Blairsville, and a day trip to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Yesterday, I took her to Walasi-Yi, the mountain crossing where the Appalachian Trail passes through a building! The place was crawling with hikers, bikers, motocyclers and tourists (ourselves included). Thankfully, the weather was fabulous for her entire visit, and we all had a splendid time.


Brasstown Bald

They had a display of costumes from period dramas
at the Biltmore. These are the clothes from Sense and Sensibility

I love this movie

These, too.


We must have climbed a thousand stairs!!

Be still, my heart...Mr Darcy!!

Colin Firth is very skinny!!

The Biltmore 





On top of Blood Mountain, there is a tree where hikers throw their old boots.
This is at Walasi-Yi, on the Appalachian Trail

The view from the top

Back at home, Mr Wazoo taught Carolyn how to drive the tractor.

Like a Tom Sawyer, he got her to mow the lawn!
During the little bit of down time, I had to start on a memory quilt for a customer. Oh my, her memories are a little strange to me. I have three towels, two rubber backed window curtains a chenille bathrobe, a shiny polyester skirt, a thick fleece blanket, a tee shirt, a sweatshirt, a blouse, a flannel nightgown and a french terry hoodie to work with. Just preparing all the knits and cutting pieces was a full day's work. This is as far as I got before quitting for the day. More will be done when I return from my trunk show and classes.

Starters

Trying to make something nice

I have a lot of work to do...
Tomorrow I'm off to Clarkesville to give a talk and trunk show of my quilts. Then, I'm teaching a class on Wednesday. Thursday I re-pack the quilts and repeat the show and class in Blue Ridge on Friday and Saturday. Then, it's back to reality and working some magic with the memory quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.