Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A couple of finishes

I didn't find time to post yesterday, so here is what I did on Sunday and Monday! Sunday, I finished sewing the sample for the up-coming 'sewcial' at the guild, and got it quilted and bound. I like how it looks and will make it again for sure.

I love the border fabric so much, I used it for the back and binding, too.

Panto: Rosie
Mr Wazoo worked on Sunday, as well, and finished this customer project.

Panto: Ginko leaves

The customer didn't have enough backing, so I added this textured gray fabric to the backing.
Yesterday, I tackled this modern quilt. The customer wanted the quilting to look like the pattern photo, and my heart sank when I saw it. All diagonal lines. If you don't have a longarm machine, you don't know that diagonal lines must all be done with a ruler and parallel lines are especially time consuming and difficult. It took all day, but I got it done. My wrist and hand were aching at the end from holding and steadying the ruler, but I think I captured the look she was going for. Yippee!


And a white back, too!! No room for error here.
Mr Wazoo kept me company, doing this lively quilt.His first foray into custom quilting!

Most of the quilt has the panto Curlz, but he designed a little shell
for the corners, and did piano keys in the border!

Cute!

Good job, Mr W!
Today is guild, and I will be showing the raffle quilt, the sewcial sample and my grandson's quilt from my class. Pretty good for someone who also works full time quilting! Gotta love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.