Thursday, May 19, 2016

Raffle quilt #2 finished, and a bit of fun

I finished the raffle quilt binding and sleeve so it is ready for show and tell next Tuesday. After that, someone will make a beautiful label and then it goes to the quilt ticket sales person. Good bye for now, Big Red.
binding and sleeve done!!

Ready to go
Today, I took a project that has been on the design wall during the raffle quilts week, and sewed it up. This is the quilt I just taught to two guilds a couple of weeks ago and never finished. I will get it quilted tomorrow, and then send it off to my grandson in Arizona. He needs a better quilt since the last one has race cars on it and he is now driving! Time for a young man quilt, don't you think?

blocks languishing on the design wall

Same blocks, ready for quilting!
Mr Wazoo spent his day behind the Gammill, as well, quilting this oriental delectable mountains quilt.

Panto: Shell swirl
After a long day, the rain stopped and we surveyed the yard before going in for supper. Tim has done such a good job making this a lovely place to come home to! Enjoy the view, and we'll be back tomorrow.
These shrubs are new, planted before the rain came.
They are flowering up a storm, but will be variegated greens most of the summer.

Things are filling in here in the back yard.
Those pansies just don't quit!!

My Mother's Day gift is blooming, too!


3 comments:

  1. I would like to buy tickets for that red quilt. Is there someone you can put me in touch with? I think that quilt is STUNING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have tickets...and so will you! It is the Misty Mountain raffle quilt!

      Delete
    2. Yay! I thought this was for your Florida Guild.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.