Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sad day, Sunday

June 12, 2016. Another date that will be in American  history forever. The shooting in Orlando was a shocking example of the evil power of the internet. There are so many wonderful things to be discovered on the web, but, as usual, the evil and hateful people; the crooks, swindlers and religious fanatics, the bigots and the just plain stupid people have all added their rhetoric to the mix. Guys (and gals) who feel unappreciated and ostracized are easy prey for the bad people trolling the net for gullible victims. As a society, we need to talk to each other, empathize with each other, help each other, rather than  staring at a screen 24/7 and surfing for acceptance. I feel like our younger generations are isolating themselves and becoming less tolerant of the cultural and societal differences that made America the home of the free. I am sad for them, and for what this great land has become. Pray for the survivors and the families of the dead. They were all somebody's family.



I spent the day prepping projects for the retreat; 10 pillowcase kits, three quilts all cut out and ready to sew, and the sashings and borders for the bug quilt cut.  Then, I pulled out one of my UFOs (from 3 years ago!) and quilted it. I pieced the back because I didn't really have anything I liked in a large length of fabric, and made and applied the binding. I will get the hand sewing done tonight while I watch a movie with a happy ending to try to get out of the funk I have been in since turning on the TV this morning.

I love chickens, and will keep this quilt for myself...for a while at least.

Panto: Paper chase

The pieced back

and the polka dot binding.
Mr Wazoo worked in the studio today, too, finishing this pretty sampler quilt.


Panto: Featherize
Tomorrow, I'll be busy teaching at the Sewcial. I plan to make it a fun day for the girls, and for me!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like being creative to channel frustration, grief and sadness. Amen to your response and good job on wonderful end projects!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.