Thursday, July 7, 2016

Custom finish, yard work and big rain

Work started at 9:30 this morning and finished at 6:30 this evening. I was determined to get the custom job done and be ready to move on tomorrow. Mr Wazoo spent his day on the slate walkway and some garden tending. All in all, a good day.
I don't know about you, but I am so tired of the political yap on the talking heads channels, that it was a breath of fresh air to have the science channel on in the background today. You don't have to watch it to know what's going on, just listen to the stories. From UFOs to Yeti, it was entertaining and kitchy.
I guess I should show the finished quilt...I did what she wanted and custom quilted it, but even though I used fluorescent threads, the quilting is very hard to see. The quilt fabric is just too busy. Oh well, I like the borders.
It really is a beautiful quilt

I couldn't get a nice picture of the border quilting...it looks way better in person

Part of what you can't see is the swirl from the big flower's center with fern feathering in it.

She put a swath of the fabric down the back so people could see where the kaleidoscope
blocks on the front came from.
I really was out of gas at the end of the day, but a gal in my guild gave me some tumbler blocks and I wanted to see how they look and what I could make with them. You know I'm pooped when I can't get up enough steam to play with quilt blocks! Maybe tomorrow afternoon.


The man didn't quit until nearly 7:00, so after his shower, we had a quick supper of bacon, eggs, fried potatoes and biscuits. Carb load deluxe, but easy to make and clean up.
He spent some time watering everything before coming in, and during supper it poured rain . It figures.
Oh well, the yard will be happy. It has been looking a bit brown. Molly and I sat on the deck in the perfect 85 degree evening, listening to the wind and loving the view.

Hosta and lilies blooming torether


He has turned the corner with the walkway!

The back yard is mostly greenery that doesn't need much attention.

Watering and enjoying a brewski.

The sweet potato vine is bright and lush again this year in the front garden.
Rain on the way, the air is warm and breezy. Sitting outside is so relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.