Monday, August 15, 2016

Home again, home again, jiggety-jog

I arrived safely at home today at 2pm. By six o'clock I had quilted a name and date onto a customer quilt and made and applied binding to another.
Personalized Christmas quilt


Great quilt for a veteran for his birthday

Love the fabrics!

Panto: Star Spangled Banner

Mr Wazoo had been busy in my absence, quilting customer projects and working on his 'new' shed.

Mr Wazoo did this pretty bear paw quilt

Panto: Alfresco

You always wondered where the rainbow's end was...
it was in our front yard during a shower while I was gone!

The shed, as seen from the deck.

We decided the bird decoration and weather vane need to be repainted a
 contrasting color so they show up better.

On the drive, I saw some nice vistas and at the hotel, a funny post-it note for me on the headboard!

Wind farms in Illinois



While adjusting the thermostat, I spied a little note on the headboard

Oh dear! I should hope so!!
The trip was worth it for me. I got to see my best friend from High School, as well as the other classmates who came. I spent quality time with my kids and grandkids, and visited with relatives I haven't seen in years. The memorial for my mom was very nice, closing another chapter in my life.
It is good to be home!
A happy day at the reunion

A sad day at the cemetery

The depot and grain elevators in my family's hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.