Thursday, August 4, 2016

More sewing, more quilting, more excavation.

After a couple of days messing about sewing I figured I had better get back to serious quilting. Before going to Wisconsin, I needed to quilt a very large quilt. It is too large for Mr Wazoo's machine, so it fell to me to quilt it. I have to say, for a giant quilt, it was perfect!! Square at all corners, flat as a pancake and all blocks perfectly sewn. Wow. And it is beautiful, too.



Panto: Featherize


Mr Wazoo spent the entire day either moving rocks, or watching the dirt man move them with the bobcat. The surface for the shed is level and ready, the rip-rap has been distributed along the drainage ditch next to the driveway, and the driveway has had a smoothing. So far, so good! I'll be gone when the shed actually comes, so it will be a surprise when I get back.

They got straight to work at 9:00

You can just see Mr Wazoo in his red shirt at the far end of the driveway.
Most of the rip-rap is in place, and he is cleaning out the culvert.
Gee, the house looks nice from here1

All level and ready for the shed.

Drainage ditch complete!
I had an hour free at the end of the day, so I made a backing for another of my sister's quilt tops and got it quilted. I had the African fabric for the backing  which was perfect for the quilt! The binding is a basket weave patterned fabric from my stash.



Here is a peek at the African ladies backing.

Now, all I have to do is the hand sewing! Miss Marple is on tonight, and I will be stitching while I figure out 'who-dunnit'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.