Sunday, January 29, 2017

Customers and charity

We have been busy the last couple of days getting customer quilts out the door, and quilting for charity. The devastating fires in Tennessee have left many people with nothing, and the guild is doing its part, making quilts to keep the victims wrapped in love while they recover. Both Mr Wazoo and I have done quilts, and I am getting bindings on a couple of them. I also quilted the quilt of valor I recently made, and the binding is on and ready for hand sewing.

Quilted! The binding is a flag print, and is waiting for hand sewing.


I forget the name of the panto, but I really like it!

Strs on the back, too!

A customer donated this quilt for the Tennessee relief.

The panto is a nice feathery and feminine one

The back is pieced, but this print made my heart flutter!
I made the binding from the trimmings of the back, so it is also scrappy.

This four patch posy was made at a guild retreat! The customer is donating it to an auction to benefit fire victims.

The poinsettia panto complements the fabric perfectly!

I worked on a custom quilt, too. This pretty quilt is going to a new granddaughter. I love all the dimensional bits!


Little flaps keep the motifs secret until the child opens them.


The bunnies have pink in their ears and fuzzy tails!




The pinwheels are dimensional, too. I quilted hearts in two places.





I have been working on a customer commission, making vintage dresden plates into a quilt. The customer's mom made the 'plates' but no centers. She also didn't turn the top curves on each blade. I have been machine sewing them to fusible interfacing and then turning them so I can fuse them to the background fabric. I have already made the center circles and they are all turned and ready to go. Only 22 more plates to sew and turn before I can start making the quilt! 

The turned plates, on top of the charity quilt ready for hand sewing.
I'll have something to do when watching TV tonight!!
Now, it's off to the studio, and quilting the third quilt for the fire victims.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.