Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Routine work day

Monday was a regular type day...a bit of laundry, paying bills, and quilting. Both of us spent the entire day in the studio, and we got several quilts done. Mr Wazoo finished the feed sack quilt, but had lots of trouble keeping it straight and square on the frame. Hand pieced quilts are (sometimes) a real challenge! This is the quilt with the sashings that used to be red.I don't know what happened, but they are not red today!
The blocks are huge, 16 inches each!

The quilting pattern is an oldie, but a goodie...Baptist fan.
How about the faded sashing? 

Her batting is soooo thin! Through the backing, you can see the entire top!
I finished up the Kaffe quilt trimming and loaded a patriotic project with an intricately pieced back. I actually like the back better than the front! I wouldn't have chosen a modern quilting pattern for this, but that's what the customer wanted, so that's what I did.

Oh my! I L-O-V-E this quilt!

A riot of color. Panto: Stacked snailz

Perfect backing selection!

Patriotic strip quilt

Panto: Square Dance

This is the back!!
The last thing of the day was to quilt and bind a customer quilt for a teenage daughter. All done and ready to be enjoyed!
This is the quilt. I took the picture in the living room, since that's where the hand sewing happens.

I did a swirly quilting pattern

I chose backing and binding in the neutral grays to blend, not pop.
The quilt is bright enough without drawing attention to the edge.

Back to the studio, and the last custom project before the trip to Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.