Friday, May 19, 2017

Activity everywhere!

It has been a very busy week here at Wazoo, and I have neglected my blog. So sorry. Mr Wazoo has been both quilting, and 'supervising' the building of a new set of back steps on the house. The original set were rickety and too narrow, so we are having them transformed into a nice 'deckette', if you will. The only drawback is that we have to walk around the house to the front door to get in. Poor Molly is so confused!!

Old steps off, area filled and leveled, and concrete footings put in
The framework is in, and today, we'll get to use the new steps to get out!
Down in the studio, I have been working on small projects during the tweaking of the Gammill Classic. Mr Wazoo has spent hours tuning up and adjusting things on the machine to try to fix the breaking thread and knots on the back problem. Finally, some success! I quilted three small projects with no problems, and fine results. Yippee!!
Low custom on this baby quilt for a customer

Only one thread break during the quilting process

Here's the back
I have a big customer quilt in progress on the APQS, and the center, pieced portion is finished, with the borders remaining to be done. I don't have a photo of what I've quilted yet.
I did these two quilts yesterday afternoon, and the Gammill ran like a top! No problem at all. Mr Wazoo will have clear sailing on the machine now. He has been quilting in the garage, using the Gammill Premier in order to keep up with his workload. It is a real sweatshop here!

I quilted this Kid quilt and added the binding

Panto: Modern Twist

I used the same panto on this comfort quilt for my Blue Ridge guild.
Meanwhile, we have been cat-sitting Maxine, my daughter's cat, while Carloyn is at a medical conference in Milwaukee. I have never had a cat, so this is new territory for me. What have I learned? Cats don't do anything much. She spends most of her time either under the guest bed or in the office, behind a stack of stained glass windows we have stored in there. I know she's okay because the food disappears and the potty box has deposits. Oh yeah, there are little black fluffs of hair here and there... Molly hasn't been too interested in Maxine, just watching her walk from room to room.

Maxine, behind the windows in the office. Just a
mound of black fur and two shiny eyes!

Maxine's accoutrements in the guest room,
and the fur tufts she leaves all over the place.

Food dishes being emptied are the biggest clue that there is an animal near by.
Tomorrow, I am taking a speed trip to Florida to deliver a sewing machine to a friend we ran into in Paducah who bought Kay's Janome rather than a new one at the show. Kay and I will drive down, deliver the goods, spend the night and come home Sunday. We both have too many obligations to linger there.
Later today, I am performing the Old Lady Who Swallowed the Fly for a fund raiser at the Presbyterian church the guild uses for their outreach groups. Self humiliation at its finest!
Next week, there are two guild meetings and getting Mr Wazoo ready for his trip to Oregon, where he and my daughter will pack her belongings and drive a U-Haul truck cross country to Charlotte, NC. The only one who has the life of Riley is Molly. My constant companion, and cat watcher.
Back to work!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.