Sunday, May 28, 2017

Rats!!


We rarely take a day off here at Wazoo, and today was no exception. A customer came and dropped off a whopper of a quilt (110x110), and we worked long hours trying to keep up with all the work. I'm glad to have work...but this is getting scary! Business is really booming.
Mr Wazoo quilted this batik quilt before going out to take care of a few yard things that would need attention while he is gone next week. I'm glad he did, because yard stuff is not my thing. The yard and garden are perks of living with a gardening nut, and I never stop him from doing his thing!

Colorful batks!

Panto: Feathers and flowers

Backing...Mr W isn't a very good photographer.

Here is the quilt I was working on yesterday. It is a real stunner, for sure. I wish it was my quilt...I don't have the right stash to make a beauty like this. I hope the customer likes it.

Absolutely beautiful!

I did a fairly simple motif in all the blocks.

Hard to see on the dark fabrics, but there are leaves in the inner border and fanned feathers in the outer border.

A peek at the back.
Th rest of the afternoon was spent making rats. For the rat race quilt, silly! I have them all cut and fused, ready for stitching down by machine. There will be a lot more detail on them once I finish that.

All the rats
The rat in the lead
The rat in second place
Running a close third
Patriotic rat bringing up the rear
Laid back rat stopped for a toke

Tomorrow, I will be working on a tee shirt quilt.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.