Sunday, June 4, 2017

Still quilting!

We had a whirlwind week and I got a lot of work done in the studio. Why? you ask...because this is the time when Mr Wazoo is off driving my daughter and all her worldly goods from Oregon to North Carolina.Since Thursday, I have been able to spend all the time I want working in the studio and getting caught up.
The most pressing thing was a tee shirt quilt for a customer's son. Here are a few shots of the progress there.

You already saw day one, when I prepped the shirts.
This is day two: arranging them in some sort of cohesive order.

Day three was spent making filler bits to make the rows the same length.
I construct the quilt in columns. Big shirt columns and small shirt columns.
Small motifs get made into circles and appliqued on.

Day four, construct the quilt with the borders,
and make the back.

Day five: quilt the project and make binding.

Panto: Dazzle
Today, I sewed the binding on and tonight I will do the hand sewing. During the day today, I quilted a giant Grunge collection quilt. Tomorrow, I'll get the binding on and do the hand sewing in the evening.

I used a variegated thread to go with the grunge fabrics.
Same panto as the tee shirt quilt, Dazzle, per customer wishes.
Here are the other quilts I did during the week. It doesn't bother me to work until seven or eight if I know I don't have to stop and make supper for the man. Its a nice change.

One of the eight quilts from the same customer.
And you thought I made a lot of quilts!

Panto: Come dance with me

One of the mystery customer quilts.
Do you recognize it?!

Panto: Zephyr

The other mystery quilt.
How about this one? Ring a bell?!

Panto: Stacked Snailz

Back to the eight quilt lady...

Panto: Fans

eight lady again!

Panto: Daisies

Eight lady again.

Panto: Frisky Feathers
Well, I had better sign off and get to the hand sewing. No man here, so I am indulging in chick flicks and a glass of wine! Cheers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.