Friday, July 21, 2017

Busy week so far

We have had our noses to the grindstone this week, getting quilts finished and back to their owners. Mr Wazoo has been inside much of the time due to heat and intermittent rain. The view out the window was beautiful to look at, but beastly hot and humid.  I don't mind it, because I'm inside sewing!

I did this geometric quilt early in the week, and am still working on
the second one by the same quilter.

I used Glide thread, because of its shine.
The panto is called Pipeline.

I really like the backing fabric.
I'll be on the lookout for it at fabric shops!

Mr W quilted this memory quilt
made by a customer from Mama's blouses.

Panto: Fantasia

It's backed with soft flannel. I did the binding, too!

A nice woman bought this quilt at the festival,
and had me embroider her new granddaughter's name on it.

Mr Wazoo did this machine embroidered/appliqued
outdoorsy quilt.

The blocks are really pretty 

The woodsy panto is called Mahogany

Isn't this different!? I think the blocks
look like giant medication capsules!

Again, the Pipeline panto was perfect!

The back was one giant pieced'capsule'.

I also quilted this scrappy bargello.
From here, you see color...

up close, you see all the diverse fabrics!
The panto is called Time Warp.

Here's a look at the back

This little quilt will be for sale in our show boutique.

Mr W used the Bush Berries panto to highlight the
berries in the fabric.

Pine trees on the back.

This quilt is folded in half in the picture...

It is 37 x 97!! Meant for a buffer between a Florida man
and his leather recliner. I guess there was a 'sticky' problem.

I used a wiggly panto called Stipple. Duh.

This is the quilt I have been working on for a couple of days.
It is hand guided custom, and I am also doing a panto on the digital
machine at the same time, so it takes longer because of stopping
to advance and set up the next row on the APQS.

The APQS is chugging along on this king sized quilt
which will be for sale in the boutique at the show!

This is a customer commission I did using
a fleece blanket for the top.

It is quilted with the panto Zephyr, and I appliqued the star with
the customer's grandson's name on it.

I can fly!!

Here is another sale quilt for the boutique.
The fabric is all Monopoly symbols!

I can't remember the name of this panto...
it is a really nice swirly one!

The backing is this fun money print.
The back 'flap' for my Koala cabinet came, but is the wrong one. Sigh...
We spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to get it resolved, and I have to call California again today, too. Someday, I'll have a nice big surface for sewing and quilting. Until then, Mr W packed it up for the return trip.
Today, Mr Wazoo is off to Greenville to visit his Mom and sister. Sister was supposed to leave for her new life in Germany last Monday, but fell and broke her knee. She's grounded for a while so it can heal. Our Niece and her family have already moved to Germany where he will be coaching a soccer team. Grandma takes care of the kids, and will follow as quickly as she can. A big adventure for all of them! I think I'll surprise Mr W with barbeque from Jim's Smokin' Que for supper. Yum! Now, it's time to go to the studio and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.