Saturday, July 29, 2017

Rainy days and quilting

I know its been a couple of days since I posted, but it seemed boring to post pictures of the same quilt for three days. The big custom customer quilt is finished, and I am able to move on to another show quilt for another guild member and customer.
This pretty Dresden Plate should go home soon!

The first picture is the truer color...I don't know how the color change happens in pictures, but it is frustrating. I opted to not do gobs of background fill, but to add another element to the design. I hope the customer is okay with that decision.

Leaves, loops and flowers in the borders.

The same floral design that is in the borders is also in the plates. The customer requested flowers in the plates.

A peek at the back, which is navy blue, not the gray that shows up in the photo.
I did the machine applique on the four cornerstones for my show quilt after work, and need to pick up some more white rick rack before doing the bottom border. I am determined to get the top put together and ready for quilting over the weekend. Then it will hang in the queue until the customer orders are done.

Working on the applique until my grumbling stomach told me to quit! We have been eating at 8 PM for days...
I went to my Blue Ridge guild on Thursday night, and we had a good program where my friend Janet demonstrated an easy way to make the braided quilt. It takes regular straight cut strips, and uses up scraps galore. I need to make this!!

This is the quilt that Janet made from the braids she sewed.

Here, we are all enraptured with the simple construction.

I'll have to look at my sample and the instructions a couple of times to get the process, but after that, it is easy!

It was edging up on 9 pm when I made the top of the hill where usually I can see the roof of our house. Not this night! The peak of the cloud in the center of the picture is right over where our house is! From the house, it looks like fog.
Yesterday, I did this little camping quilt after finishing the big Dresden Plate. The customer made it for a friend they camp with. So cute!

Each one has something that pertains to the couple the customer made the quilt for.

Digital panto: Flower Power

The backing is perfect for the quilt!

My faithful assistant is there for me, no matter how late I work! We'll be back there today after the trip to Walmart for supplies.







1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.