Monday, September 11, 2017

Hurricane Irma comes to town

Florida had a bad couple of days and my friends there had to bug out. Two of them, and their dogs have come to the Georgia mountains to ride out the storm here. Now, it looks like we are going to get the tail end of the storm tonight.
In order to pass the time waiting and watching it develop on TV, my friend and I have been chatting, perusing Pinterest and making flower magnets. They were more fun than I thought they would be!

I had18 magnets, so we made 18 flowers

some have rounded petals

some have pointed petals

all of them have scrappy cuteness!
I also decided to make one of my little bears a Mexican bear, Daca. 

Little Daca wants to go home with an American quilter.
The other bear will be a country bear who likes to hunt. I am thinking of ways to make his accessories...

Elmer the bear

His accoutrement will include a beer and a gun
Okay, let's get serious. I had a customer who needed a quilt made in a day, so I used her panel and made this little baby quilt for her start to finish in just a few hours.

Very cute!

Panto: African Samba

Her backing was 16 inches short, so I added some teddy bears from my stash.
Now, it's night, the lights keep dimming and blinking, its raining hard, and I fear we will lose power soon. We're watching Midsomer Murders, and I will probably miss the part where they reveal the killer...bummer! Maybe I'll have to watch it on Netflix later. If the lights go out, I have my kindle all charged up and ready to go. I am just a few chapters into a juicy Aunt Bessie mystery. More tomorrow, I hope!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.