Saturday, September 16, 2017

Odds and ends

 Show week starts tomorrow with the take in of the quilts. I have all my quilts ready, threads trimmed and tidy.
Quilts in bags, sewing machine table ready for the demonstrations...
My bears turned out kind of cute. Not prize winning cute, but nice.

Aye caramba! Daca grew a moustache.

Elmer is ready for hunting season.
All the other stuff is ready for price tags. I have a few more items I hope to finish, but if I don't, they will be nice Christmas gifts!

It will all go in boxes later today.

Basket full of chickens!

I attached snaps to some of the bibs, but it was a frustrating task!

The squeezy tool was nearly impossible to line up with the snap parts, and I wasted at least ten snaps. Prying them off the bib was difficult, and I managed to do this before I switched to velcro...
OUCH!! Pinched it and made a blood blister.
Mr Wazoo took a partial day off from yard tinkering and quilted a couple of customer projects. 

This quilt is so cheerful and pretty! I love the fabric selections.
He used the panto, Small Splat, which is perfect for quilts like this.
The backing is this soft polka dot fabric
This lively, colorful quilt makes me happy!
The hearts and flowers panto is called Springtime
Yowza! I love this backing!!

When Mr W finished his quilting, he was off to the nursery for some plants. He has enough shrubs for the rest of the driveway now.
Why does every shopping trip he takes end up looking like this?
Or this...
I guess its okay when it turns into this
Add caption

Or the driveway looks like this!

Here is the tree that fell in the back yard. Way back and not bothering anything. We'll leave it  where it is.
I'm glad it didn't fall toward the house. Its a tall one, so I think it would have hit us.
Later, we were sitting in the living room with the doors and windows open, and I mentioned it smelled like dog poop. Old man says, "oh...it could be the compost in the truck..." Turns out, he also bought a load of cow manure and parked it below the bedroom windows. I had a fan going in the window, and it was dispersing the aroma through the whole house. Yum...
What would I do without him? Its always an adventure.
The source of the smell
My windows, with a fan wafting the smell into the house.
(oh yeah...Go Packers!!)

Everything was fine by bedtime, so I guess its okay to have a load of manure under the window overnight. But, today, it has to go!! I'll be in the studio.














1 comment:

  1. Your bears are adorable, and you KNOW I love those chickens! I will miss being at the show and taking in the quilts tomorrow. Thinking of all of you setting up and having the best weekend of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.