Thursday, September 14, 2017

Storm has passed, on with the show!

We lost power a few moments after I finished the last blog entry, and I have been busy with my evacuees from Florida until today, when they braved the ride back to their home. It will be some time yet before we find out how they fared. The road south, Interstate 75, is clogged with people wanting to get home, and the gas situation is sketchy. I hope they do okay, especially with two dogs in the car!
The only perk from having no power is that I cleaned the refrigerator when I had to move all the food to the back porch freezer to plug it to the generator. 16  hours later we had power again and I moved all the stuff back. We defrosted the porch freezer, too. Everything is sparkling clean and tidy! I can now find stuff that used to be lost in the bottom of the freezer. Yippee!
Needless to say, no quilting was accomplished. We wandered out to assess the local damage from the storm, and fortunately, we did well. One tree down, but parallel to the house and not a problem. We'll leave it to nature to use as she pleases. Not everyone did as well. There were many trees and wires down in the countryside by our house, and some of my friends had no power for a long period of time. The weather was wonderfully cool, so we just left the windows and doors open.
Today, we had the last meeting before the show week starts on Sunday. Everything is rolling along well and I sure am excited to see it up and open!
If you are in the north Georgia mountains, western North Carolina, north western South Carolina or south eastern Tennessee and love quilts, come on over to Blairsville and enjoy the show. Friday 9 to 5 and Saturday 9 to 4 at the House of Prayer Church Gym, 1400 Pat Colwell Rd. Blairsville, GA. There are oodles of fun things to do and see besides the show itself, so come on over.
I'll be back soon with pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.