Monday, October 9, 2017

Sunday sewing.

I was good to myself and spent most of Sunday sewing for fun. I had made a couple of little quilt tops during my demos at the show, and chose to finish one of them yesterday. This is the easiest quilt in the world (according to the webpage it came from) and I enjoyed finishing it while watching a 'happy ending' chick flick.

All fun kid pleasing fabrics

Quilted with a loose meander.

Happy backing and machine stitched binding. Done!

I spent a few hours making strip sets for a quilt of all African fabrics, too. I will share it when I have some full blocks done. I really liked the block used in the latest comfort quilts, so I tweaked it and made a sample before starting the quilt. I hope it turns out well.
In the evening, I did the hand sewing on the tablecloth wall hanging and table runner. I had to wet the wall hanging to remove the blue markings, so its out on the porch drying. Here is the finished table runner. It ended up fairly large.

I have it draped over the back of the sofa here.
I love how it turned out.

Panto: Roses, roses

the backing and hand stitched bias binding.

Mr Wazoo finished one of his customer quilts, too. With the tropical storm blowing and raining outside, he was happy to be in the studio quilting.

Autumn is in the air...and in the studio!

Panto: Trellis vine

My Block of the month class started today, and I had 11 people come. We enjoyed making the first block but my machine (Pfaff 2056) ate the top thread and balled up wads of it in the bobbin area over and over. I re-threaded, checked the bobbin and case, and cleaned everything. No dice. It's sick. I will have to call my machine guy (he s wonderful) and have it looked into. Until then, I will be using the new small Bernina for the demo in Texas next week. Or maybe the Pfaff 7570. Don't know yet.
Tomorrow, I am off to Cumming with the girls to see Victoria and Abdul. It is too highbrow to come to our little theater here in Blairsville. Oh well, maybe we'll have time to go to my favorite quilt shop there, Thread Bear. Oodles of fabric and nice shop keepers. Bye for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.