Sunday, December 3, 2017

Fun day Sunday

Work didn't get underway until 10:30 this morning. We had a leisurely breakfast before getting to the studio.
I started in with the tee shirt quilt, adding the vertical sashes and the border. Mr Wazoo was a sweetie and ironed the backing for me. I hate pressing wide backs...
The quilting moved quickly along, and I made the remaining blocks for Carolyn's quilt while the machine was working. By 2:00 The quilt was off the machine and trimmed. The binding was applied, and voila! Done deal.

I think gray sashing was the right choice for this quilt

Panto: Modern twist

Thanks for the ironing, Mr W.

Gray binding

Looking good.
Here is what tee shirt quilt number 2 looked like at 3:00.

A pile of shirts
By 6:00, it looked like this!

Tidy pile of blocks, all backed with interfacing and ready to sew into a quilt.
The final trimmings are in the background, on the table.

This is what you get from the shirts...

The initial trimmings

Pieces big enough, and without seams, to be used as rags.
I thought I had finished the mending on that quilt last night, but found a couple of holes in the front that I hadn't seen before. Rats!! I'll be doing those repairs tonight!

Last night's work. Not perfect, but fixed.

Same patch from the Front.
Mr W spent the day doing errands. He washed the car, went to the grocery store, and put up some more lights, this time in the back yard. He just loves to be outside when the weather is nice. By Wednesday, the weather man says it will all change. Cold snap on the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.