Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last quilt...First quilt

Yesterday, I finished putting together the quilt top I started on a whim. No more purchases were made to finish it, the quilt shop is closed until Tuesday. I would have preferred a dark blue outer border, but had the red floral in my stash, so I used it! It is the last quilt top I made in 2017. With no suitable backing...it also becomes the first quilt of 2018. I'll get some backing on Tuesday and finish it up.

Blocks finished and auditioned with an alternate block fabric

Adding setting triangles

Sewing the rows together

Finished! A nice queen sized quilt.
Mr Wazoo is struggling with the flu, but managed to quilt this customer project before he was too ill to stand up for long periods.

The quilt is done and already sent back to the customer in Florida

He used the panto Angel Wings, because it mimics the butterflies
The last customer quilt of 2017 was this tee shirt quilt for a grandson. It will go home on Tuesday...January 2, 2018. Mind boggling, isn't it?

This should be a hit with the young man!
Tonight I'll be watching the ball drop in my jammies with a glass of bubbly and some Christmas cookies. Mr Wazoo will have his shot of NyQuil and be snoring in the New Year. I bet you wish your life was as exciting as ours is!!
Happy New Year, everyone.

The Wazoo quilters





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.