Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tee shirt mania!!

Yesterday, good to my word, I worked on tee shirt quilt number two. By 6:00 quitting time, it was ready for the quilting!

Figuring out placement on the design wall

Sashing and borders on. I added a small striped inner border for pizzazz!

Ready for quilting today!
One of our favorite customers came yesterday with two quilts for Christmas. One is huge and requires some construction on the back (too small) and the other was a soft, lovely, flannel lap quilt. Guess which one I did first...

It turned out soft and cuddly, which is what the customer requested.

Panto: Diamond spiral

Flannel backing, too!
The other quilt will have to wait. Today, I will be prepping shirts for number three. UPS sent a message that the backing will be here between 4 and 8pm. I hope that's correct, because I had to do a speed run to the fabric shop for the backing for number two! While I was gone, Mr W greeted the customers with the repair and tee shirt quilt number one. They were so pleased with them! Mrs Customer called me later in the evening to thank me for the beautiful quilt. I love the astonishment from customers who don't sew or quilt. She was amazed how good the kind of boring tee shirts looked in a quilt. Mission accomplished!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.