Saturday, January 20, 2018

More sewing

I finished the pastel quilt, and just need to apply the binding.

Not my cup of tea in the end, but still very pretty. Made primarily with the collection, Laundry Day.

Digital panto: Twinkling swirl

Cute little birds on the back.
After finishing the pastel quilt, I set out to get the 9 small quilts started for Dechen's day care . There are more boys than girls, so I started with dinosaurs. One Moda layer cake will make four of these half- square- triangle quilts. I had some fun rearranging the blocks to make them different. Number one is ready to quilt, and number 2 needs to be sewn together.

All ready for quilting

Blocks done, I'll sew this together later today
Today, I am off to Dahlonega on a planned trip with a friend to go to a big fabric sale at The Common Thread shop. I did buy a good portion of backing for the 9 quilts at the local fabric shop, Quilts Galore, from their sale room, but need some tone on tone, border and girly fabric for some of the quilts. I have a giant stash, but it seems I have used much of my "kid" fabrics making charity quilts in 2017. Time to replenish!
On the repair front, I finally made it all the way around the biggest row of the polyester quilt. 46 more squares, and it will be ready for the wash!! Yippee!! More on this later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.